Skip to main content

Using Aquapastels on my Bible: Tips with The Crafter's Workshop

I guess I want to compensate for the weeks I wasn't able to share any Art / Bible Journaling and so today, for the second time this week, I have a Bible page to share. I wanted to create a post with tips and tricks using The Crafter's Workshop Clear Gesso Matte, since it is what I use to prep my pages.



Tips & More Bible Journaling Pages
Click here to visit TCW's blog and read my post for today in which I'm sharing not only tips on how I use my TCW product for Bible Journaling, but also more pages using different media to give you ideas of how well TCW's Clear Gesso Matte and stencils work!

The main coloring media I used on this page were Jane Davenport Aquapastels -beautiful watercolor crayons that are a must-have-, Sharpie Acrylic Paint Marker in White, A bit of Prismacolor pencils just to add detail here and there, some PanPastel for the background and a bit of Distress Oxide Ink to stencil some distressed patterns. The verse from my kit The Vine was stamped with Archival Ink and the words around the flowers were written with a Micron marker.

I drew this flowers myself, from scratch. I was thinking of weak flowers like those from Peach Trees and that's essentially how this entire page emerged. I drew them in pencil and watercolored them little by little, layering the colors to give the flowers different shades.


The Truth behind this Page
I made this page on a very, very difficult day. There was a lot going on around me and that is why it wasn't easy for me to share this page publicly. Nevertheless, I feel like sometimes pages like these are the ones that end up blessing someone who needs this very specific Word, on a very specific day. I am happy to let you know that all of those very, very stressful trials are in the past and I have found the peace that I was desperately looking for while I was working on this page. So allow me to be a testimony of how God's grace can redeem you from even the most devastating situations and, like a Christmas miracle, press the restart button of your life and give you the peace that you long for. I was feeling so weak that day. I wasn't being able to handle all of the chaos and in consequence it wasn't allowing me to rest in the Lord. But God once again showed me that He is in control and that His strength is made perfect in weakness, and that strength is what has brought me to a new season of my life together with my family in just a month. So when you aren't strong enough for all the chaos in your life, the crazy routine, your personal challenges, your family issues and more, He is strong enough to handle it for you! Amen!

I hope you enjoy the technical side of this page back at TCW's blog and that this brief testimony blesses your life today. That's all for now. I'll be back with more creative ideas soon. Until then.


Comments

  1. Gracie, Not only is this a BEAUTIFUL page, but your words are an encouragement to me as well! Thanks so much for sharing, I needed this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So beautiful!! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this attractive blog with us. keep posting this type of informative blogs ..keep it up.Web Development service in Delhi I Web Design Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this blog...... it is great! Every information is explained beautifully in this blog which is really helpful.

    Web Design Company
    Web Development Company
    Search Engine Optimization

    ReplyDelete
  5. gclub slot เว็บเกมส์เดิมพันออนไลน์ ที่สามารถเล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง มีเกมส์ให้เลือกเล่นมากมาย ไม่ว่าจะเป็น บาคาร่า สล็อต ไฮโล มีระบบฝาก ถอนเงินด้วยระบบอัตโนมัติ ที่รวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Popular posts from this blog

WE'VE MOVED! Follow us at www.gracielliedesign.com

Yes! This was not an easy decision but after many complications with Blogger, including finding out that my blog content had been duplicated on an external blog and after many other security issues that I feel should have been taken care of by the Blogger platform itself, we've moved to our own website. So please do follow us over there. All the content you've loved to read throughout the years is over there too! Make sure to click on the link below and then subscribe via email so you can start getting my new newsletter! Thanks so much and I'll see you there... www.gracielliedesign.com

Shadow Stenciled Backgrounds with Deco Foil & TCW Stencils

I'm sharing my first Christmas card of the year... And, I'll show you an easy and beautiful technique called Shadow Stenciling, but this time using Deco Foil! Tutorial & Supplies I have a video tutorial showing you how I made today's card and I've added that below. To find out the complete list of supplies used to create this project, make sure you visit Therm O Web's blog . Now imagine this background with the new glitter Deco Foil from Gina K. Designs! I will be showcasing those new products real soon. Make sure to visit my YouTube channel and subscribe for many more project ideas using Deco Foil and TCW Stencils! Until next time.

Video Tutorial: Quick New Year's Card with Simple Stories & Deco Foil

I'm back with a fun and really easy to make card for the Holidays or the New Year and I have a video tutorial with Therm O Web today. I'm sure we all are rushing at the very last minute looking for tags and cards and wrapping gifts... I know I always am. That is why my latest Holiday projects have been on the quick and easy side so you can try them out if you need to! The usual theme for New Year's cards is usually monochromatic, metallic... But, what if we used colorful Holiday colors instead? Why not? Well, this time you'll see me use papers from Simple Stories Very Merry Collection. Video Tutorial This is short and sweet video tutorial where I show you how I put together this card. Really with card designing the hard part is figuring out what you want your card to look like in the end but once you have figured out what elements you'll be adding and where you will be placing them the card comes together pretty fast. So the behind the scenes may not ha